Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Lil' Swedish Meatballs!

At the request of friends and family, I've attached some photos of my co-workers at Swedish Medical Center in Englewood, CO. Swedish's mentality is like most the folks in the West, "work hard and play harder!"

Here's Brian and Jim (both echocardiographers & my clinical instructors) throwing a manila envelope at me so I'd stop taking pictures of them. Plus, Brian thinks "in-motion" photography is a superior art form.


Brian towering over lil' Suzie, one of my favorite cardiac nurses.


Jim and I scan the "right way," which, of course, is left handed!


Helena's the medical secretary of cardiac testing. Lindsay, the charge cardiac nurse, is ducking behind Helena. I tried for 3 days to sneak up on Lindsay to get a good picture, but obviously she won. Lil' shit!


Dixie's a respiratory therapist that works within the cardiac testing unit. I observed Dixie performing pulmonary function tests with her hyperbaric chamber. It was fascinating, but I'm still glad I chose echocardiography. I already have Dixie hooked on "Weeds" and "Dead Like Me."



Jimbo being a pain in the arse!




Courtney's the newest addition to the echo lab. She was Swedish's last student and was just hired as an official echocardiographer. She's scheduled to take her board exams (adult echo & physics) within the next couple of months. Yikes!



Once again, Brian's version of "in-motion" photography. Although I like to believe Brian's practicing for his audition for the broadway musical, Brigadoon.



Jim feeling like crap after eating his millionth frozen Banquet meal for the week. Yuck!




Courtney and I have fun together dreaming about working abroad in New Zealand, Iceland, or the latest...Antarctica. Courtney cracked me up when she told me she'd, "like to be a penguin." You'd have to be there to really appreciate the comedic timing. I also have Courtney addicted to "Weeds" and "Arrested Development."




Brian's the baby of the echo lab at the ripe old age of 22. Don't let his age fool you, his tongue is as sharp as his wit.








No comments: