Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Buckhorn Exchange: Denver's #1 Suds & Grub!

This is the infamous Buckhorn Exchange, Denver's oldest bar and restaurant.

The Buckhorn is known for their wide selection of wild game, such as elk, bison, quail, cornish game hen, Colorado lamb, alligator, and their ever-so-popular 4 lbs. steaks. Our appetizers, pictured above, were rocky mountain oysters (bull testicles) and rattlesnake dip. I wish I would have known what rocky mountain oyster were before I fellated those greasy balls. Ha!

I ordered the dry aged bison ribeye with the bone. It was, hands down, the best meal I've had in Denver! God, I love eating grub like a pirate, or cowgirl for that matter.

(click on photo to enlarge)
The ambiance was down and dirty, just how we like it out here in the old west. The Buckhorn is a two story brick building with bullet holes in the walls from a shoot-out occuring in 1900. The main floor contains the restaurant, with the bar and outdoor patio situated upstairs. Belonging to The Buckhorn is Colorado's first liquor license, which is still hanging behind their bar.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: