Monday, August 4, 2008

24 Hours in Dodge City, Kansas!

Margaret and me at the infamous Long Branch Saloon & Brothel. Give me a bustier and I'd fit right in. They don't call me "DD" Davis for nothin.'


Old friends in the Old West. This is the replication of Dodge City's most notorious area, Front Street. Dodge City was also the location of the TV show "Gunsmoke."

(click photo to make larger)

Out of boredom and lonliness, I begged my friend Margaret, who currently resides in Oklahoma City, to meet me half way...Dodge City, Kansas! That's right, an old west town known for its whiskey, women, and gun fights. Wyatt Earp and Bat Masterson were hired to restore law and order and rid Dodge City of its dangerous reputation. Many of these photos were taken at the Boot Hill Museum, which is a replica of the original town and its cemetery. It was fun to be cowgirls for a day. Yeehaw!

No comments: